25.4.11

Few things about Polish language


My friend and I were about to tell each other;s language. Because of she's a Polish, she told me some basic conversations in Polish. She also told me about the pronunciations. And I'd like to share it to you :3 This is it! I hope it'll be useful for you guys.

Basic Conversations :
Nazywam się Mia My name is Mia.
Jak się masz? How are you?
Skąd jesteś?
Where are you from?
Mam 20 lat.
I'm 20.
Nie wiem.
I don't know.

Basic words and the pronunciations :
Yes: Tak (as in tick-'tack')
No:
Nie (as in 'nyeh')
Ok:
Dobrze ('dough' plus a 'b' then 'she')
Hi/Bye: Cześć (use this one on friends only: 'che sh ch' but run it all together as one sound)

Good morning/afternoon:
Dzień dobry ('jean' and 'dough' plus 'bree')
Good bye:
Do widzenia ('dough' and 'wid zen ya' comes close enough)Excuse me: Przepraszam (difficult to pronounce because it includes that oh-so- not-English combo - 'p' merges into 'shey' followed by 'pra' and 'shem')

I still can't understand how to pronounce the last one :O I think Polish language is really difficult to learn. The written is complicated and so is the pronunciation. But it's very unique tho. I hope I can be able to speak Polish very fluently someday ;)


0 chitchats:

Post a Comment